Soothingly soft nursing pads in KbT-certified organic merino wool. Designed by a Danish nurse. Wool can absorb 30% of its weight in moisture, without feeling wet. Once wet, pads feel warm, rather than cold & clammy as with cotton or disposables. Scandinavian midwives have traditionally advised breastfeeding mothers to keep their breasts warm, to prevent plugged ducts. Larger sizes provide gentle, soothing warmth for this purpose, and are actually less noticeable through clothing as edge falls further back over covered area. Wool breathes, to maintain comfortable temperature in warmth or cold. Wool’s natural oil, lanolin, provides self-cleansing properties; for easy care. The woolen pads work well together with lanolin ointment to help promote healing of sores. Sold as set of 2 pads (one pair). Available in a variety of sizes and styles to suit each woman’s needs.
- Soothingly soft nursing pads in KbT-certified organic merino wool, designed by Danish nurse. Style Ekstra (compare to styles Softline and Original) contains 2 layers knitted wool over 3rd inner layer, making this the preferred style for women with heavier leaking. More comfortable than disposables or cotton – wool absorbs moisture, keeping skin dry, and breathes, to maintain comfortable temperature in warmth or cold. Available in a variety of sizes and styles to suit each woman’s needs.
- Most women need only 2-3 pairs for entire nursing period. Wool’s self-cleansing properties allow wearing multiple times without washing – lanolin cleanses away bacteria as pads dry. Wash, on average (depending on amount of leaking), every 2 weeks with LANACare Lanolin-Replenishing Soap to maintain hygienic effects.
- Small, 6 inch diameter. Most popular & universally recommended size. (See photo for size comparison to disposable). Cup size B-DD or larger. Sold as set of 2 pads-1 pair. (Take note – these are larger than most women expect! Cup size is a guideline – please choose size based on measurements.)
- Style Ekstra – 2 layers knitted wool with 3rd layer between – for heavier leaking. (compare with Original – 2 layers knitted wool, for light-moderate leaking, or women with open sores. Softline – interwoven wool for light-moderate leaking, most economical style)
- Women find these helpful with any soreness associated with breastfeeding, plugged ducts, vasospasms. Designed by Danish nurse. Imported by lactation consultant.